5.5 magnitude earthquake hits Nepal
Latest News »
- India emerging as important regional strategic partner: US
- Narayana Hrudayalaya to increase prices for angioplasty procedure
- A history of adult supervision in Silicon Valley
- Which Bollywood producer scores highest on the Nepotism Index?
- South Africa’s Gupta family dismantles empire as bank accounts close
Kathmandu: A moderate intensity earthquake measuring 5.5 on the Richter Scale shook Nepal in the early hours on Monday. According to the National Centre for Seismology, a unit of ministry of earth sciences, the quake occurred at 5:05am at a depth of 10 km.
The epicentre was located at Solukhumbu district near the Everest region, around 150 km east of Kathmandu, Nepal’s National Seismological Center said. It recorded the intensity of the quake at 5.6.
This was the 475th aftershock, of magnitude 4 and above, of the devastating April 2015 temblor in the quake-prone Himalayan country.
There was no immediate report of any damage or casualty. The earthquake was also felt in and other parts of central and Eastern Nepal.