Social security for senior citizens
- Election Results 2017 highlights: BJP juggernaut rolls on in Gujarat, tramples Congress in Himachal Pradesh
- Gujarat election results: BJP loses in Modi’s hometown Vadnagar
- Gross NPAs of banks cross Rs8.5 trillion in 1st half of this fiscal
- HPCL asks Airtel to transfer LPG subsidies to bank accounts
- Prem Kumar Dhumal, common man’s leader, loses by 3,500 votes
The National Democratic Alliance’s promise of providing social security to India’s elderly remains a major challenge, showed a survey done by Agewell Research and Advocacy Centre ahead of the United Nations International Day of Older Persons on 1 October. It found that most of India’s elderly don’t have a stable source of income and at the same time have to pay for rising medical costs.