Social security for senior citizens
- Gold monetisation scheme: Make interest payments now, RBI tells banks
- Fund managers’ allocation to emerging market equities dips in October: BofA-ML
- Facebook must be prepared for the next election
- Grasim, Arvind line up new investments in Gujarat
- Congress expects to gain back its vote share in Andhra’s 2019 assembly polls
The National Democratic Alliance’s promise of providing social security to India’s elderly remains a major challenge, showed a survey done by Agewell Research and Advocacy Centre ahead of the United Nations International Day of Older Persons on 1 October. It found that most of India’s elderly don’t have a stable source of income and at the same time have to pay for rising medical costs.