Will China’s financial bust ever come?
China’s reading is the nation’s highest on record in a credit gauge released by the Bank for International Settlements
Latest News »
- Tesla said to reach pact with Shanghai for China production
- JK House sale: Raymond board to decide on future course of action, says Gautam Singhania
- Earthquake warning in US sent 92 years late
- Jet Airways expands codeshare pacts with Air France, KLM Royal Dutch and Delta
- Venkaiah Naidu wants cities to raise funds from local markets
Credit booms often end badly, and China is in the grip of a major one. China’s reading is the nation’s highest on record in a credit gauge released by the Bank for International Settlements (BIS). It’s the single most reliable indicator of looming financial crises, according to the BIS, which found in a 2011 analysis of 36 countries that a majority of banking crises followed readings higher than 10%.