Body and debris from Myanmar military plane found in sea: Army statement
Latest News »
- Uber narrows Q2 loss to $645 million, boosts revenue in turmoil
- Opening bell: Asian markets open mixed; Infosys, Tata Steel, DLF in news
- An ill wind for Suzlon, Inox’s quick recovery hopes
- Shree Cement: Rising freight cost to remain a drag on margins
- Sadbhav Engineering on the growth track as road segment fares well
Yangon: Bodies and debris were found in the water on Thursday after a Myanmar military plane vanished over the Andaman Sea with 122 soldiers, family members and crew on board, the military said in a statement on its official Facebook page.
Three bodies, including two adults and a child, were found by a navy ship 35kms (22 miles) from the southern costal town of Launglon, the military said.
A plane wheel that was believed to be from the Chinese-made Y-8-200F transport plane was also found, the statement said. Reuters