Aadhaar-PAN linkage: No time frame fixed for completion, says Arun Jaitley
New Delhi: Union finance minister Arun Jaitley on Friday informed the Lok Sabha that the government has not fixed any time frame to complete the linking of Aadhaar with permanent account number (PAN).
“No Madam,” Jaitley said while replying to a query whether the government has fixed any time frame to complete the linking of the 12-digit biometric Aadhaar with PAN.
As on 28 June, there were over 25 crore PAN cardholders in the country, while Aadhaar has been issued to 111 crore people.
Latest News »
- China’s new blockbuster ‘Wolf Warrior 2’ should worry Hollywood
- Kim Jong Un orders production of more rocket engines, warhead tips: KCNA
- Market Live: Sensex, Nifty jump in opening trade, DLF shares rise 3%
- Mutual funds mark down investments in Uber by up to 15%: report
- Uber to launch final phase of UPI-based payment facility today