Narendra Modi pays tributes to Savitribai Phule on birth anniversary
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday paid homage to social reformer Savitribai Phule on her birth anniversary, saying the government is working tirelessly to fulfil her vision of empowering the marginalised.
Savitribai Jyotirao Phule was a social reformer and poet. She worked to abolish discrimination and unfair treatment of people based on caste and gender.
“Bow to the great Savitribai Phule on her Jayanti. Hers was a life devoted to the empowerment of the poor and marginalised. She gave utmost importance to education and social reform,” Modi tweeted. He said his government is deeply guided by her ideals “and is working tirelessly towards fulfilling her vision”.
- Rafael deal with India back on table, says Benjamin Netanyahu
- Virat Kohli questions team commitment after India vs SA series loss, says mistakes unacceptable
- GST Council meeting tomorrow, simpler returns filing, e-way bill on agenda
- Nissan Infiniti to become predominantly electric car brand: CEO Hiroto Saikawa
- NPPA fixes retail price of 30 drug formulations