×
Home Companies Industry Politics Money Opinion LoungeMultimedia Science Education Sports TechnologyConsumerSpecialsMint on Sunday
×

Iran admits no new nuclear offer, blames translation error

Iran admits no new nuclear offer, blames translation error
AFP
Comment E-mail Print Share
First Published: Tue, Feb 16 2010. 02 58 PM IST
Updated: Tue, Feb 16 2010. 02 58 PM IST
Tehran: Iran admitted on Tuesday that it has not received a new proposal from three world powers concerning its nuclear fuel, blaming a translation error for having insisted otherwise previously.
“There is a new letter by the three countries (the United States, Russia and France) to the IAEA (International Atomic Energy Agency),” foreign minister Manouchehr Mottaki said.
He added however that the letter “appeared as a new proposal during translation.”
On Monday, Iran’s atomic chief Ali Akbar Salehi had said that the three powers had made a new proposal regarding the supply of nuclear fuel to Iran after Tehran began work on enriching uranium to 20%.
But the United States, Russia and France denied such a fresh proposal had been made to replace the one offering to ship low-enriched uranium of Tehran out of Iran for refinement abroad.
Comment E-mail Print Share
First Published: Tue, Feb 16 2010. 02 58 PM IST
More Topics: Iran | Nuclear | Politics | Tehran | Uranium enrichment |