North Korea could become global threat, says US official
US undersecretary of state said that North Korea’s nuclear and intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM) programme would make the reclusive state a global threat
Latest News »
- Narendra Modi-Donald Trump joint statement ‘disappointing’: Congress
- Donald Trump tweets another swipe at CNN after story retraction, resignations
- How Savlon and Ogilvy taught hygiene lesson to kids through chalk sticks
- GST rates: Coca-Cola to hike aerated drink prices, cut Kinley’s
- 28 June 2017: Best health plans for you
Tokyo: US undersecretary of state Thomas Shannon said on Tuesday that North Korea’s nuclear and intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM) programme would make the reclusive state a global threat if it became successful over time.
Shannon made the comment to reporters in Tokyo after his meeting with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe’s top national security adviser, Shotaro Yachi.
Under third-generation leader Kim Jong-un, North Korea has been conducting missile tests at an unprecedented pace in an effort to develop an intercontinental ballistic missile capable of striking the mainland United States. Reuters