Yogi Adityanath in Lok Sabha: Highlights of his latest speech
- Congress committee to meet on Monday to decide party president’s election schedule
- Coal returns as flashpoint in global climate-change fight
- Shameful your boss silencing you on Rafale: Rahul Gandhi to Nirmala Sitharaman
- Women in focus at global entrepreneurship summit this year
- National Herald: Sonia, Rahul Gandhi accuse Swamy of delaying case
New Delhi: Yogi Adityanath, who was sworn in as Uttar Pradesh chief minister on Sunday, addressed the ongoing budget session of Parliament on Tuesday, in what could very well be his last speech as a Lok Sabha member.
Adityanath, who has been representing Gorakhpur in Lok Sabha for five consecutive tenures and is yet to resign, mainly focused on showering praise on Prime Minister Narendra Modi for turning around the Indian economy. He also spoke about his vision of Uttar Pradesh and its development.
Here are the main highlights of his speech:
■ PM Narendra Modi is a global icon and has turned around the Indian economy. Finance minister Arun Jaitley also deserves praise for breathing new life into our economy.
■ India is growing despite note ban and PM Modi’s government has worked for all sections of society without any bias.
■ I express gratitude for the chance given to me to lead Uttar Pradesh.
■ My government will be for everyone, not specifically for any caste or community. (PTI)
■ We will work for development of all sections and castes and create a new structure of progress. (PTI)
■ The Samajwadi Party government had not utilised central government’s allocated funds properly.
■ I will make Uttar Pradesh a corruption free state and will works towards bringing economic growth to the state.