How parties, states can influence the outcome of Presidential election
Latest News »
- After buying Ibibo, MakeMyTrip is spending more on promotions than its net revenue
- Grasim Industries: holding company discount remains a concern
- NBCC investors wait for revenue growth with indomitable faith
- Opening bell: Asian markets open lower; PNB, HDFC Bank, Infosys in news
- Motherson Sumi: is revenue growth coming at cost of profitability?
The stage is set for a high pitched election for the post of the 15th President of India. The government led by the National Democratic Alliance, which is a little short of the half-way mark, has to depend on opposition parties and regional leaders to get its candidate, who is yet to be chosen, elected. Mint takes a look at what’s at stake for various political parties and the role states will play in this election.