How parties, states can influence the outcome of Presidential election
- Opening bell: Asian markets rise; TeamLease, Jaiprakash Power, Mahindra Finance in news
- Kansai Nerolac: overhang of higher input costs remains in Q2
- How India stacks up against peers on fiscal parameters
- Bajaj Finance: milking the consumption story yet again
- Colgate-Palmolive: weaker-than-expected recovery in wholesale trade
The stage is set for a high pitched election for the post of the 15th President of India. The government led by the National Democratic Alliance, which is a little short of the half-way mark, has to depend on opposition parties and regional leaders to get its candidate, who is yet to be chosen, elected. Mint takes a look at what’s at stake for various political parties and the role states will play in this election.