How parties, states can influence the outcome of Presidential election
- Pakistan ‘processing’ visa applications of Kulbhushan Jadhav’s wife, mother
- Theresa May says Brexit deal proves critics wrong
- UN council weighs measure rejecting US Jerusalem decision
- Ahead of Gujarat election results, BJP MP predicts dismal performance for party
- California’s wildfire now ranks as state’s third-largest
The stage is set for a high pitched election for the post of the 15th President of India. The government led by the National Democratic Alliance, which is a little short of the half-way mark, has to depend on opposition parties and regional leaders to get its candidate, who is yet to be chosen, elected. Mint takes a look at what’s at stake for various political parties and the role states will play in this election.