GSTN enrolment for taxpayers to start again in a few weeks: Finance ministry
The enrolment process for taxpayers on GSTN was suspended on 30 April after 60 lakh members were registered on the network
Latest News »
- Cyberattack hits UK Parliament, limiting access to MPs’ emails
- Narendra Modi will convey Indian IT firms’ role in US to Trump: Vishal Sikka
- Gujarat Congress leader Shankarsinh Vaghela hits out at party leadership
- Yogi Adityanath govt launches ‘informer scheme’ to curb female foeticide
- World Taekwondo Federation changes its name over ‘negative’ acronym
New Delhi: The process to enrol taxpayers on the Goods and Services Tax Network (GSTN) portal, which was suspended on 30 April, will start again in a few weeks, the revenue department said on Tuesday.
More than 60 lakh taxpayers enrolled on the GSTN portal between 8 November 2016 and 30 April 2017. The enrolment process closed with effect from 1 May and the data of all those signed the enrolment form would be migrated to the new GST system. The portal said the enrolment window will reopen at a later date for taxpayers who could not enrol themselves as well as for those who enrolled but did not sign the enrolment form.
“The GST enrolment process on GSTN portal has been temporarily suspended and would begin in a few weeks,” the revenue department, which comes under the finance ministry, said in a tweet.
Meanwhile, the department is running GST awareness campaigns across the country. The GST, which will subsume most of the indirect taxes, is scheduled to be implemented from 1 July.