CPM politburo ratifies Ritabrata Banerjee’s removal from party
Kolkata: The highest decision making body of the Communist Party of India (Marxist), or CPM, on Friday ratified the West Bengal state secretariat’s decision to expel Ritabrata Banerjee, a Lok Sabha member of Parliament.
The state secretariat had decided to expel Banerjee on Wednesday, two days after he slammed the party in a television interview.
On Friday, after the politburo ratified the decision, the CPM said in a statement that Banerjee has not been able to rectify himself and that he continued to tarnish the party’s image, referring to the three-month ban imposed on him in June.
- Godrej Agrovet looking at $1.27 billion valuation in IPO
- Flipkart, Amazon claim huge boost from festive season sales
- Aditya Birla’s acquisition bid may value Aleris Corp at $2.5 billion
- Rule on subsidiaries may limit operational flexibility of firms
- Samsara Group, Lionforge vie for debt-laden Dighi Port