CPM politburo ratifies Ritabrata Banerjee’s removal from party
Kolkata: The highest decision making body of the Communist Party of India (Marxist), or CPM, on Friday ratified the West Bengal state secretariat’s decision to expel Ritabrata Banerjee, a Lok Sabha member of Parliament.
The state secretariat had decided to expel Banerjee on Wednesday, two days after he slammed the party in a television interview.
On Friday, after the politburo ratified the decision, the CPM said in a statement that Banerjee has not been able to rectify himself and that he continued to tarnish the party’s image, referring to the three-month ban imposed on him in June.
- Deals Buzz: Sequoia plans largest India fund at $1 billion
- Karni Sena panel to watch ‘Padmaavat’, fringe wants ordinance banning the film
- Google adds audio books on Play Store; here’s how to get them
- All 10 Asean leaders arrive in India today for commemorative summit
- OnePlus 5T re-review: More radiant with better software and a Lava Red dress