What Donald Trump’s been saying since the St. Louis debate
The 2016 US presidential polls will always be remembered for Republican nominee Donald Trump’s controversial remarks. Here’s what he’s been saying
Latest News »
- Narendra Modi arrives in Washington: Trump administration readies the red carpet
- Cyberattack hits UK Parliament, limiting access to MPs’ emails
- Narendra Modi will convey Indian IT firms’ role in US to Trump: Vishal Sikka
- Gujarat Congress leader Shankarsinh Vaghela hits out at party leadership
- Yogi Adityanath govt launches ‘informer scheme’ to curb female foeticide
New Delhi: The 2016 US presidential polls will always be remembered for Republican nominee Donald Trump’s controversial remarks against rival Democrat nominee Hillary Clinton (running ahead in all major opinion polls with a strong chance of becoming the first woman president in the history of the US).
Here is what Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump has said since his last debate in St. Louis with Democrat rival Hillary Clinton:
On Hillary Clinton:
• “At the beginning of her last debate, she was all pumped up at the beginning. At the end, it was like, ‘Take me down,’ she could barely reach her car. Athletes, they make them take a drug test. I think we should take a drug test prior to the debate. Why don’t we do that?” reports AFP.
• “Hillary Clinton should have been prosecuted and should be in jail. Instead she is running for president in what looks like a rigged election,” Trump wrote on 15 October on Twitter, reports Fortune.
• What she did is absolutely unlawful ... she sees her emails and she deletes them. That is pretty bad but there are other things. If you look at all the crimes committed, certainly she should be in trouble.
• “It’s one big ugly lie, it’s one big fix. And the only thing I say is hopefully, hopefully, our patriotic movement will overcome this terrible deception,” Trump said at a rally in North Carolina on 14 October.
On the media and poll process:
• “Reporters at The New York Times, they’re not journalists, they’re corporate lobbyists for Carlos Slim and Hillary Clinton,” Trump said on 14 October, as CNN reports. NYT had published accounts from two women who say Trump groped them.
• “The election is being rigged by corrupt media pushing completely false allegations and outright lies in an effort to elect her president,” Trump said on 15 October.
• “Polls close, but can you believe I lost large numbers of women voters based on made up events THAT NEVER HAPPENED. Media rigging election!” Trump tweeted on 16 October, reports Vox
On House speaker Paul Ryan:
• The Democrats have a corrupt political machine pushing crooked Hillary Clinton. We have Paul Ryan, always fighting the Republican nominee!
• “Paul Ryan, a man who doesn’t know how to win (including failed run four years ago), must start focusing on the budget, military, vets etc,” reports NBC News
On Islamist Terror:
• Something is going on that’s not positive force. We are going to be looking very much at certain areas of the world. We have to very careful with radical Islamic terror. We can be politically correct and say it doesn’t matter but it does matter.
• I have great respect for Hindus. I have so many friends that are Hindu. They are great people, amazing entrepreneurs.
• “I’ll be honest, I have great respect for India. I actually have [real estate] jobs going up in India... tremendously successful. It is an amazing country,” reports The Independent.