UK calls for urgent UN Security Council meeting over nerve attack
London:Britain has called for an urgent meeting of the United Nations Security Council to update members on the investigation into a nerve agent attack on a former Russian double agent and his daughter, the Foreign Office said on Wednesday.
Prime Minister Theresa May has said it was highly likely that Russia was responsible for the attack on Sergei and Yulia Skripal, who are in hospital in a critical condition.
Russia, also a member of the Security Council, has denied any involvement in the attack. Reuters.
- Tech giants set to face 3% tax on revenue under new European Union plan
- Nirmala Sitharaman says no repeat of Doklam crisis
- Govt plans regulatory framework for social media, online content: Smriti Irani
- Amit Shah takes stock of Andhra Pradesh situation with state leaders
- Facebook suspends Donald Trump election data firm for policy breach