El Nino could return in second half of 2017: WMO
- Defection of MNS corporators to Shiv Sena shakes up Maharashtra’s politics
- SC cracker ban brought respite, but a lot needs to be done
- Can blockchain technology be an answer to India’s land governance woes?
- Can see bright Samvat 2074 ahead: Ramesh Damani
- Mutual funds trim metals, retail holdings, tank up on financial stocks in September
Geneva: El Nino weather conditions could return to heat up the planet later this year, although neutral conditions are slightly more likely, the UN’s World Meteorological Organization (WMO) said in a statement on Thursday.
Climate models surveyed by the WMO suggested a 50% chance of neutral conditions continuing in the second half of 2017, with a 35-40% chance of El Nino developing, and only a slight chance of La Nina, which tends to have a cooling effect. Reuters