El Nino could return in second half of 2017: WMO
- Improve pricing of risk-based loans, RBI tells banks
- Delhi HC asks IndiGo, GoAir, SpiceJet and DIAL to resolve terminal dispute amicably
- Coolpad raises $300 million from Power Sun Ventures
- The hockey tournament we won’t have in January
- Vodafone tax dispute: Govt calls invocation of second arbitration ‘flagrant’ abuse of law
Geneva: El Nino weather conditions could return to heat up the planet later this year, although neutral conditions are slightly more likely, the UN’s World Meteorological Organization (WMO) said in a statement on Thursday.
Climate models surveyed by the WMO suggested a 50% chance of neutral conditions continuing in the second half of 2017, with a 35-40% chance of El Nino developing, and only a slight chance of La Nina, which tends to have a cooling effect. Reuters