Rex Tillerson in focus as Exxon Mobil investigation intensifies
New York’s attorney general Eric Schneiderman considers Rex Tillerson a central figure in his expanding investigation into whether ExxonMobil misled investors
Latest News »
- China to build first Mars simulation base near Tibet to catch up with India
- Tata Motors expands commercial vehicle range in Philippines
- Donald Trump vows to ‘terminate’ NAFTA if negotiations fail
- Ajit Doval to meet Chinese President Xi Jinping along with BRICS NSAs
- SSC CGL 2017: Admit card of Combined Graduate Level exam available at ssc.nic.in
New York: New York’s attorney general considers US secretary of state Rex Tillerson a central figure in his expanding investigation into whether ExxonMobil misled investors about the impact of climate change.
It’s unclear if attorney general Eric Schneiderman will ultimately choose to force Tillerson to answer questions under oath. But Schnedierman tells The Associated Press that he has the legal authority to depose the nation’s chief diplomat, who served as Exxon’s CEO until joining the Donald Trump administration.
More From Livemint »
The politically charged case pits the ambitious New York Democrat against a Texas energy giant and has divided attorneys general across the nation.
Republican state prosecutors from South Carolina to Utah, like Exxon’s legal team, accuse the New York attorney general of abusing the power of his office to score political points with his liberal supporters.