Rex Tillerson in focus as Exxon Mobil investigation intensifies
New York: New York’s attorney general considers US secretary of state Rex Tillerson a central figure in his expanding investigation into whether ExxonMobil misled investors about the impact of climate change.
It’s unclear if attorney general Eric Schneiderman will ultimately choose to force Tillerson to answer questions under oath. But Schnedierman tells The Associated Press that he has the legal authority to depose the nation’s chief diplomat, who served as Exxon’s CEO until joining the Donald Trump administration.
The politically charged case pits the ambitious New York Democrat against a Texas energy giant and has divided attorneys general across the nation.
Republican state prosecutors from South Carolina to Utah, like Exxon’s legal team, accuse the New York attorney general of abusing the power of his office to score political points with his liberal supporters.
- PNB fraud: Didn’t consider PwC bid for audit of Nirav Modi accounts, says bank
- Hindcon Chemicals to list on NSE Emerge platform
- Narendra Modi promises strict action against PNB fraud accused
- Donald Trump says launching ‘largest-ever’ package of North Korea sanctions
- Sebi orders HDFC Bank to probe WhatsApp earning leak, strengthen systems