George HW Bush still in hospital, gets ‘morale boost’ from son
- North Korea pulled out of Olympic meeting with Mike Pence, says US
- Reliance Jio ranks 17th in Fast Company’s 50 Most Innovative Companies list
- Red flags around Nirav Modi’s diamond empire were raised as early as in 2015
- How Tata group’s changing under N. Chandrasekaran
- Grofers in talks to raise up to $65 million at 40% less valuation
Houston: Former US president George H.W. Bush, who is recovering from his second bout of pneumonia, got a “big morale boost” from his son after he paid a visit to him at a hospital here.
Bush, 92, posted a photograph with his son former US president Geroge W. Bush on Twitter with the caption: “Big morale boost from a high-level delegation. No father has ever been more blessed, or prouder.”
The former US president was admitted to Houston Methodist Hospital last Friday for treatment of a persistent cough.
A spokesperson for the Bush family said on Wednesday that Bush “continues to gain strength” and is looking forward to being released next week.
The spokesperson told CBS News on Thursday that there is no change to his condition and he will remain in the hospital at least until Friday.
As is the case with most people his age, Bush has had his share of health issues in recent years. Bush, who served as US president from 1989 to 1993, received a visit from yet another former president earlier this month—Bill Clinton—who presented him new socks. PTI