Scottish parliament evacuated after a suspicious package found
Edinburgh: The Scottish parliament was evacuated on Tuesday following the discovery of a suspicious package.
“An incident has occurred requiring the evacuation of the MSP building at Holyrood,” the parliament said in a statement. “Police in Edinburgh responded to the Scottish Parliament at around 11.35am on Tuesday 7th November following the discovery of a suspicious package,” police said in a statement.
“The police are in attendance at the scene.”
“The building has been evacuated as a precaution and inquiries are continuing.”
A BBC reporter said on Twitter that a package containing white powder had been sent to a lawmaker. Reuters
- Light pollution rises on a global scale
- Zimbabwe judge says military action against Robert Mugabe was legal
- PM Modi to inaugurate Hyderabad Metro Rail on 28 Nov, ticket prices to be notified soon
- Mars liquid water hopes drying up as ‘flowing streams’ may be sand
- Gold prices stay weak on global cues, muted demand