Scottish parliament evacuated after a suspicious package found
Edinburgh: The Scottish parliament was evacuated on Tuesday following the discovery of a suspicious package.
“An incident has occurred requiring the evacuation of the MSP building at Holyrood,” the parliament said in a statement. “Police in Edinburgh responded to the Scottish Parliament at around 11.35am on Tuesday 7th November following the discovery of a suspicious package,” police said in a statement.
“The police are in attendance at the scene.”
“The building has been evacuated as a precaution and inquiries are continuing.”
A BBC reporter said on Twitter that a package containing white powder had been sent to a lawmaker. Reuters
- SpaceX launches imaging satellite plus own broadband demos
- Nitish Kumar govt hatching ‘serious conspiracy’ against me: Tejashwi Yadav
- Snap royalty Kylie Jenner helped erase $1.3 billion in one tweet
- Take a break: Exercise in office
- Australia’s deputy prime minister Barnaby Joyce resigns amid sex scandal