Fine tuning of GST
- Is WTO working for India and China?
- Traditional vs Western: Which attire is more popular among men in India?
- Govt to boost trade ties with Asean: Dharmendra Pradhan
- India, Australia and Japan bat for rules-based order in Indo-Pacific
- MDR rates revised to cut losses of acquirer banks, says RBI deputy governor B.P. Kanungo
The Goods and Services Tax (GST) Council in its 20th meeting on Saturday made some adjustments in tax rates. It also gave some businesses, which make large scale procurement of taxable goods or services during the course of their business, the option to pay a higher tax rate. This will allow them to set off part of the tax liability on their final output using the taxes already paid on raw materials and other supplies. Here is the gist of the decisions: