India’s April infrastructure output growth at 17-month high
- Padmaavat release: Rajasthan minister says Raje govt to approach Supreme Court
- 20 AAP MLAs have sought time to meet President Kovind: Manish Sisodia
- Donald Trump marks year one with US government shutdown drama
- Bawana factory fire: 17 feared dead, Delhi govt orders inquiry
- IMF, World Bank laud RBI for ‘strengthening’ supervision
New Delhi: India’s infrastructure output grew an annual 8.5% in April, at its fastest pace in 17 months, mainly helped by a favourable base effect, government data showed.
The output expanded 2.7% for the fiscal year 2015/16 that ended on March 31, compared with a 4.5% growth in the previous fiscal year, the data showed on Tuesday.
Electricity production grew 14.7% and fertiliser output jumped 7.8% in March from a year earlier, the data showed. Reuters