India’s April infrastructure output growth at 17-month high
- Murali Vijay back in India squad for Sri Lanka Tests
- Trai begins pilot testing for interoperable set-top boxes
- GST refund claims for exporters for August, September to start this week
- SC denies bail to Unitech director Sanjay Chandra, asks to prove bona fide first
- Coal ministry rejects Nalco’s claim of fuel supply shortage
New Delhi: India’s infrastructure output grew an annual 8.5% in April, at its fastest pace in 17 months, mainly helped by a favourable base effect, government data showed.
The output expanded 2.7% for the fiscal year 2015/16 that ended on March 31, compared with a 4.5% growth in the previous fiscal year, the data showed on Tuesday.
Electricity production grew 14.7% and fertiliser output jumped 7.8% in March from a year earlier, the data showed. Reuters