Second appeals court rules against Donald Trump’s revised travel ban
- Why Samir Singh could not stop running
- Embassy, Taurus Investment Holdings to invest $140 mn to develop Kerala SEZ
- RBI eases foreign investment regulations for corporate debt
- NCERT launches revised student-teacher ICT curricula
- HC asks Delhi, neighbouring states to implement ban on burning of crop residue
San Francisco: A second federal appeals court blocked President Donald Trump’s revised travel ban even as he presses the Supreme Court to reinstate it.
Monday’s order by the US Court of Appeals in San Francisco follows a 25 May ruling by a regional appeals court based in Richmond, Virginia, that concluded Trump intended to discriminate against Muslims from the six countries he targeted in his executive order. The administration on 1 June asked the nation’s highest court to let the ban take effect while the justices decide whether to review the Richmond ruling. Bloomberg