Delayed on the rail tracks
- Stock market rally may be peaking, says banker
- Anand Mahindra says electric vehicles profit tipping point nigh
- Matrimony.com shares trade 2% lower on stock market debut
- Mexico earthquake: rescuers work into night to save trapped girl, toll tops 230
- Japanese PM Shinzo Abe says Kim Jong Un worse than any dictator since Cold War
A report by the national auditor shows the massive funding challenge the Indian Railways is facing in its expansion plans. As of March 2014, the Indian Railways had spent around Rs.92,000 crore on 479 projects, including some dating back to the 1970s and 80s. But due to shoddy contract and project management, costs have more than doubled, and the Railways needs an additional Rs.183,000 crore just to finish these ongoing projects. Here’s a profile of these projects.
howindialives.com is a search engine for public data