Delayed on the rail tracks
- Private fuel retailers double petrol, diesel market share: Oil ministry
- Nirav Modi indirectly challenging PMLA case through his firm: ED to HC
- Mohamed Salah’s miraculous season
- Supermarket casualties begin to pile up in Amazon-fuelled battle
- Panel asks govt to find solutions to check the spread of chikungunya
A report by the national auditor shows the massive funding challenge the Indian Railways is facing in its expansion plans. As of March 2014, the Indian Railways had spent around Rs.92,000 crore on 479 projects, including some dating back to the 1970s and 80s. But due to shoddy contract and project management, costs have more than doubled, and the Railways needs an additional Rs.183,000 crore just to finish these ongoing projects. Here’s a profile of these projects.
howindialives.com is a search engine for public data