Sanwar Lal Jat, BJP MP from Ajmer, dies at 62
New Delhi: Former Union minister and BJP MP from Ajmer Sanwar Lal Jat passed away on Wednesday morning at AIIMS, where he was being treated, hospital authorities said. He was 62. The leader passed away at 6.15am, a senior official at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) told PTI.
According to doctors at the AIIMS, Jat had a cardiac arrest which caused damage to his brain and he was on ventilator.
Jat had served as minister of state for water resources in the Narendra Modi government.
Prime Minister Modi condoled the passing away of the leader.
“Anguished by the demise of MP & former Union Minister, Shri Sanwar Lal Jat. This is a big loss for the BJP & the nation. My condolences,” he tweeted.
In his message, Modi also said Jat worked extensively for the well-being of villages and farmers.
The BJP MP had collapsed during a meeting chaired by party president Amit Shah at Jaipur last month, following which he was admitted to the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) of Sawai Man Singh Hospital there.
Jat was airlifted to the AIIMS from Jaipur after his condition had turned critical.
- Gujarat elections: Alpesh Thakor is much more than a clueless dynast
- Future Supply Chain trades 2% higher on stock market debut
- Gujarat elections: Moment of reckoning for deputy CM Nitin Patel
- Donald Trump indicates he’s not considering firing special counsel
- Gujarat elections: Vijay Rupani, the CM who came in from the cold