IIT annual fee to be hiked to Rs2 lakh; waiver for SC/ST, disabled, poor
Latest News »
- After buying Ibibo, MakeMyTrip is spending more on promotions than its net revenue
- Grasim Industries: holding company discount remains a concern
- NBCC investors wait for revenue growth with indomitable faith
- Opening bell: Asian markets open lower; PNB, HDFC Bank, Infosys in news
- Motherson Sumi: is revenue growth coming at cost of profitability?
New Delhi: The annual fees for undergraduate courses in the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) will be hiked from the existing Rs.90,000 to Rs.2 lakh from the upcoming academic session and there will be total fee waiver for scheduled castes and scheduled tribes, the differently-abled and those belonging to economically weaker sections.
A decision to hike the fee by over two-fold has been taken by the human resources development ministry following a proposal by an IIT panel, ministry officials said.
Students belonging to families whose annual income is less than Rs.1 lakh will be able to avail 100% fee waiver, along with those belonging to scheduled castes and scheduled tribes and the differently-abled.
Last month the Standing Committee of IIT Council (SCIC) had approved a three-fold hike in annual fees.