Andhra Pradesh CM launches IT-enabled system for irrigation projects
- When Ambani brothers’ bonds decoupled
- Deals Buzz: Quess Corp buys Tata Business Support Services for Rs153 crore
- Review: Samsung Galaxy Tab A (2017) is very slick and not too expensive Android tablet
- Eris Lifesciences not eyeing any big acquisitions for now, says MD Amit Bakshi
- Jenet Yellen says she’ll leave Fed once Jerome Powell sworn in as chair
Vijayawada: Andhra Pradesh chief minister N. Chandrababu Naidu on Saturday launched IT-enabled management system for irrigation projects at water resources department headquarters in Vijayawada.
“The Chief Minister launched ‘Immersive Telepresence with Integrated Water Management Command Centre’ by reviewing the progress of Polavaram irrigation project’s spillway works on Godavari river,” state information and public relations department said in an official release.
He also interacted with a chief engineer present at the site through teleconferencing under the new system, the release said. Naidu also reviewed the progress of Krishna Pushkar works at Krishnaveni being carried out by Water Works department on the bank of Krishna river, it said.
The water resources department has introduced the ‘Immersive Telepresence with Integrated Water Management Command Centre’ for the regular assessment of progress of the ongoing projects in the state and to monitor water storage levels and flow of various rivers and reservoirs, it said.
The system enables officials present at the headquarters to take stock of the overall situation of projects and water availability in the state, it said.