Jammu & Kashmir: 3 Hizbul militants killed in encounter in Budgam
Srinagar: Three Hizbul Mujahideen militants were on Wednesday killed in an encounter with security forces in central Kashmir’s Budgam district, police said.
Security forces launched a cordon and search operation in Redbugh area of Budgam last evening after receiving specific intelligence inputs about the presence of militants in the area.
The search operation turned into an encounter as the search party of the security forces was fired upon by the militants. The operation was halted for the night but the security forces maintained the cordon of the area to stop the militants from escaping.
The gun fight resumed this morning. “Three militants were killed this morning in the encounter and some weapons and ammunition were recovered from the spot,” a police official said.
The slain militants have been identified as Aaqib Gul of Gooripora, Javaid Ahmad Shiekh of Beerwah and Sajid Ahmad Gilkar of Malaratta in old city.
- Listen hard, Mark Zuckerberg. Google’s turned up the audio in India
- L&T CFO R Shankar Raman: Don’t see private sector coming back for the next couple of years
- MakeMyTrip CEO Rajesh Magow rejoins Flipkart board after 2 years
- Opening bell: Asian markets open mixed; Tata Sons in news
- Indian economy in a tailspin: What went wrong