Jammu & Kashmir: 3 Hizbul militants killed in encounter in Budgam
Three Hizbul militants were today killed in an overnight encounter with security forces in central Kashmir’s Budgam district
Latest News »
- Govt to quiz Philip Morris on marketing of Marlboro cigarettes in India
- Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al- Baghdadi still alive: James Mattis
- Trump, Modi coming to power unleashed ferocious animosity against minorities: Martin Luther King III
- Why the poor don’t kill us
- Benjamin Clementine: The troubadour of deep thoughts
Srinagar: Three Hizbul Mujahideen militants were on Wednesday killed in an encounter with security forces in central Kashmir’s Budgam district, police said.
Security forces launched a cordon and search operation in Redbugh area of Budgam last evening after receiving specific intelligence inputs about the presence of militants in the area.
More From Livemint »
The search operation turned into an encounter as the search party of the security forces was fired upon by the militants. The operation was halted for the night but the security forces maintained the cordon of the area to stop the militants from escaping.
The gun fight resumed this morning. “Three militants were killed this morning in the encounter and some weapons and ammunition were recovered from the spot,” a police official said.
The slain militants have been identified as Aaqib Gul of Gooripora, Javaid Ahmad Shiekh of Beerwah and Sajid Ahmad Gilkar of Malaratta in old city.