London Tube attack: UK police arrest second suspect
London: A 21-year-old man was arrested by London’s counter-terrorism police in connection with the attack on a commuter train that injured at least 30 people.
The man, who wasn’t identified, was arrested in Hounslow, southwest London, late Saturday, according to a statement from the Metropolitan Police. He was being held under the terrorism act in a south London police station.
Police earlier on Saturday arrested an 18-year-old man in the departure area of the port at Dover and searched a house near London in connection with Friday’s detonation of an improvised bomb on a tube train. The UK terrorism threat level remains at critical. Bloomberg
- Why Samir Singh could not stop running
- Embassy, Taurus Investment Holdings to invest $140 mn to develop Kerala SEZ
- RBI eases foreign investment regulations for corporate debt
- NCERT launches revised student-teacher ICT curricula
- HC asks Delhi, neighbouring states to implement ban on burning of crop residue