×
Home Companies Industry Politics Money Opinion LoungeMultimedia Science Education Sports TechnologyConsumerSpecialsMint on Sunday
×

CLP to pump in Rs6,000 cr to develop Jhajjar power plant

CLP to pump in Rs6,000 cr to develop Jhajjar power plant
PTI
Comment E-mail Print Share
First Published: Fri, Jan 09 2009. 05 36 PM IST
Updated: Fri, Jan 09 2009. 05 36 PM IST
New Delhi: “Hong Kong-based CLP Group will invest Rs6,000 crore for developing a 2x660 thermal power project at Jhajjar in Haryana,” a top official of the company said.
The company has floated a special purpose vehicle (SPV), Jhajjar Power Ltd, for executing the project, which is likely to be commissioned in May 2012.
“The investment in the 1,320 MW project would be to the tune of Rs6,000 crore and the project would be commissioned in May 2012,” CLP Managing Director (India) Rajiv Mishra said.
Haryana would get 90% of the power generated at the plant and the remaining 10% would be supplied to Delhi. The foundation for the plant would be laid by Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda in Jhajjar on 10 January.
“The first unit of the plant would be commissioned in December 2011 and the second one in May 2012,” Mishra said.
The main plant equipment (turbines, generators) would be sourced from Chinese companies — DongFang and Harbin.
The project is being funded by a group of banks led by IDBI with the debt equity ratio of 70:30.
The coal for the project would come from the Central Coal Fields.
CLP has invested around $2 billion (Rs10,000 crore) in the power sector in the country.
Comment E-mail Print Share
First Published: Fri, Jan 09 2009. 05 36 PM IST