At least seven shot on campus at Ohio State University: report
- Improve pricing of risk-based loans, RBI tells banks
- Delhi HC asks IndiGo, GoAir, SpiceJet and DIAL to resolve terminal dispute amicably
- Coolpad raises $300 million from Power Sun Ventures
- The hockey tournament we won’t have in January
- Vodafone tax dispute: Govt calls invocation of second arbitration ‘flagrant’ abuse of law
Los Angeles: At least seven people were injured at Ohio State University, CNN reported, after school officials reported an active shooter on campus on Monday.
The seven injured were transported to the hospital, according to CNN. The suspected shooter was shot, local television station WBNS reported, citing law enforcement officials.
Columbus police said on Twitter they were assisting university law enforcement. Representatives for the university did not immediately return calls.
WBNS showed images of more than a dozen police cars parked at an intersection at the school and a line of about 10 ambulances parked nearby.
Ohio State student Wyatt Crosher told CNN he heard what sounded like gunfire and then emergency sirens.
Crosher said that he was staying in his dorm room near the scene of the reported shooting. Reuters