After Shivraj Chouhan, now Jyotiraditya Scindia to sit on fast in support of farmers
Latest News »
- Essar Oil minority shareholders to earn more on shares tendered during 2015 delisting
- Indian suicide bomber killed many fighters in Syria, claims IS
- With cyberattacks soaring, India races to regulate cryptocurrencies
- Donald Trump seeks India’s role in Afghanistan, warns Pakistan for terror support
- Supreme Court to rule on constitutional validity of triple talaq
Bhopal: Congress leader Jyotiraditya Scindia will sit on a 72-hour-long ‘satyagraha’ from 14 June to protest against the “anti-farmer policies” of the BJP government in Madhya Pradesh, a party spokesman said on Saturday.
Scindia, Congress’ chief whip in Lok Sabha, will also visit Mandsaur on June 13 to meet the family members of the farmers killed in police firing on Tuesday.
“Scindia will sit on a 72-hour long ‘satyagraha’ from 3 pm on June 14 at T T Nagar Dussehra Maidan in support of the farmers, who are holding protests across the state,” Congress spokesman Pankaj Chaturvedi said.
Scindia will reach Indore on 12 June and meet the farmers, who were injured in the police firing at Mandsaur. The injured farmers are undergoing treatment at Indore’s MY Hospital.
“He will visit the villages, including Badwant, Lodh, Khanduriya Kachan, Thakarawad, Chillod Pipliya (all in Mandsaur district), Barkheda Punch and Nayakheda (both in Neemuch district) to meet the family members of those killed in police firing,” Chaturvedi added.