Iran says its regional influence not linked to nuclear deal
Paris: Iran said on Thursday there was no link between its influence in the Middle East region and its 2015 nuclear deal with major powers that has now come under fire from the Trump administration.
Speaking to Reuters on the sidelines of an economy conference in Paris, deputy foreign minister Abbas Araqchi also accused Iran’s foes Israel, the United States and Saudi Arabia of fomenting tension in the Middle East.
“We have always fought against terrorism. Iran has always played a key role in bringing stability and peace to the region ... There is no link between the (nuclear) deal and our role in the region,” Araqchi said.
The United States and Europe want Iran to curb its influence in the Middle East region. Reuters
- Mark Mobius announces plans for EM fund, joins India-based Equanimity
- Rough diamond imports up 11% in April-January period: GJEPC
- Sensex, Nifty decline over 1% dragged by PSU bank stocks
- Billionaire Richard Branson unveils Hyperloop plans for India
- TJAC looking to poach second-rung TRS leaders for its political wing