Earthquake of 5.5 magnitude hits Uttarakhand, tremors in Delhi NCR
New Delhi: Tremors were felt in several parts of north India, including Delhi NCR, as a medium-intensity earthquake measuring 5.5 on the Richter Scale hit Uttarakhand’s Rudraprayag district on Wednesday, the India Meteorological Department said.
According to the IMD’s National Seismological Centre, the earthquake occurred at 8.49pm. There were no reports of loss of property or life. Uttarakhand, a part of the Himalayan region, falls under a high seismic zone.
- California’s wildfire now ranks as state’s third-largest
- As bitcoin, other currencies soar, regulators urge caution
- Metlife says it failed to pay some pensions, flags hit to reserves
- Dharmendra Pradhan inaugurates Eastern India’s first CNG stations
- Vijay Diwas: Nirmala Sitharaman, armed forces pay tributes to heroes of 1971 war