Hindi daily Hindustan journalist shot dead in Bihar
Rajdeo Ranjan, 45, bureau chief of the newspaper, was going on his motorcycle when the incident happened near the fruit market on Station Road
Latest News »
- Snapdeal sale to Flipkart hits roadblock as founders want Infibeam buyout
- GSTN and UPI will help expedite financial inclusion
- How firms are using artificial intelligence to up their game
- Embattled steel projects result of over-enthusiasm: Atanu Mukherjee
- SSG Capital to raise $2 billion for special situations, private credit lending
Siwan (Bihar): Unidentified gunmen shot dead a senior journalist of Hindi daily Hindustan in Siwan district of Bihar at around 7.45 pm on Friday.
The victim, Rajdeo Ranjan, bureau chief of the newspaper, was going on his motorcycle when the incident happened near the fruit market on Station Road under Town police station, superintendent of police Saurabh Kumar Sah said.
Ranjan, 45, died on the way to hospital, he added. The SP said the motive behind the murder was yet to be ascertained.
Hindustan is published by Hindustan Media Ventures Ltd, a unit of HT Media Ltd, publisher of Mint.