Hindi daily Hindustan journalist shot dead in Bihar
- Bitcoin rises as South Korea talks ‘active’ support for trading
- Sony to form alliance to build taxi-hailing system
- Chinese warships enter East Indian Ocean amid Maldives tensions
- Uber CEO sees commercialisation of flying taxis in 5-10 years
- Cabinet approves setting up tribunal to settle Mahanadi water dispute
Siwan (Bihar): Unidentified gunmen shot dead a senior journalist of Hindi daily Hindustan in Siwan district of Bihar at around 7.45 pm on Friday.
The victim, Rajdeo Ranjan, bureau chief of the newspaper, was going on his motorcycle when the incident happened near the fruit market on Station Road under Town police station, superintendent of police Saurabh Kumar Sah said.
Ranjan, 45, died on the way to hospital, he added. The SP said the motive behind the murder was yet to be ascertained.
Hindustan is published by Hindustan Media Ventures Ltd, a unit of HT Media Ltd, publisher of Mint.