West Bengal assembly passes state GST bill
Kolkata: The West Bengal assembly on Tuesday passed the State Goods and Services Tax (SGST) Bill.
Chief minister Mamata Banerjee was one of the first to support the GST, but on Tuesday, she said she was unhappy with the way the new tax regime was implemented in a hurry.
Still, the state had no option but to pass the bill to make sure that central funding to welfare schemes wasn’t disrupted, she added.
Latest News »
- India-focused offshore funds, ETFs see inflow of $4.6 billion in FY18 so far
- US designates Hizbul Mujahideen as foreign terrorist group
- Tata Motors eyeing electric vehicles market with great interest: Mukund Rajan
- 3rd Business Climate Summit to be held in New Delhi on 31 Aug and 1 Sept
- Trai proposes changes in mobile number portability rules to curb request rejection