West Bengal assembly passes state GST bill
Kolkata: The West Bengal assembly on Tuesday passed the State Goods and Services Tax (SGST) Bill.
Chief minister Mamata Banerjee was one of the first to support the GST, but on Tuesday, she said she was unhappy with the way the new tax regime was implemented in a hurry.
Still, the state had no option but to pass the bill to make sure that central funding to welfare schemes wasn’t disrupted, she added.
- Narendra Modi under fire as $2 billion India fraud hits anti-graft image
- Signs of revival turn lender bullish on India’s villages
- Fingerlix raises Rs8.5 crore from Alteria Capital
- Cement margins at risk as petcoke price hits multi-year high
- Opening bell: Asian markets slip; IndiGo, Fortis, oil PSUs in news