West Bengal assembly passes state GST bill
Kolkata: The West Bengal assembly on Tuesday passed the State Goods and Services Tax (SGST) Bill.
Chief minister Mamata Banerjee was one of the first to support the GST, but on Tuesday, she said she was unhappy with the way the new tax regime was implemented in a hurry.
Still, the state had no option but to pass the bill to make sure that central funding to welfare schemes wasn’t disrupted, she added.
- Opening bell: Asian markets rise; TeamLease, Jaiprakash Power, Mahindra Finance in news
- Kansai Nerolac: overhang of higher input costs remains in Q2
- How India stacks up against peers on fiscal parameters
- Bajaj Finance: milking the consumption story yet again
- Colgate-Palmolive: weaker-than-expected recovery in wholesale trade