Lodha Panel seeks SC nod to remove BCCI officials
- Govt may revert to holding just one big air show every year
- Govt lodges complaint with censor board about movie on clinical trials
- Eight Capital, Centrum eye stake in Hindustan Dorr-Oliver
- UCO Bank, Allahabad Bank sell Jai Balaji loans to Edelweiss ARC
- WTO MC11: India counters US criticism on its developing country status
New Delhi: In a report submitted to the Supreme Court on Monday, the Lodha panel has sought the approval to remove all the Board Of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) and state cricket bodies office bearers who fail to fulfill the criteria laid by it.
The panel has further suggested the apex court to appoint former Union home secretary G. K. Pillai as observer of the BCCI to supervise its administration.
The Lodha panel also seeks the apex court’s nod to empower it to appoint secretarial staff, assistance and fix remuneration.