Lodha Panel seeks SC nod to remove BCCI officials
The Lodha Panel made the suggestions in its report submitted to the Supreme Court on Monday and seeks G.K. Pillai’s appointment to head the BCCI
Latest News »
- We shouldn’t exaggerate our NPA problems: former RBI governor YV Reddy
- Cinnamon highly beneficial in managing metabolic syndrome says research
- 43 of 45 Gorkha Janmukti Morcha members pull out of GTA
- Govt to scrap public procurement wing
- What Narendra Modi may offer in exchange for Donald Trump’s goodwill
New Delhi: In a report submitted to the Supreme Court on Monday, the Lodha panel has sought the approval to remove all the Board Of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) and state cricket bodies office bearers who fail to fulfill the criteria laid by it.
The panel has further suggested the apex court to appoint former Union home secretary G. K. Pillai as observer of the BCCI to supervise its administration.
The Lodha panel also seeks the apex court’s nod to empower it to appoint secretarial staff, assistance and fix remuneration.