Lodha Panel seeks SC nod to remove BCCI officials
Latest News »
- Shivraj Singh Chouhan will lead BJP in Madhya Pradesh polls: Amit Shah
- Sharad Yadav free to decide own course: Nitish Kumar
- West Bengal flood situation improves, death toll reaches 55
- Narendra Modi expresses anguish over Utkal Express derailment
- GST Council extends July payment and return filing deadline to 25 August
New Delhi: In a report submitted to the Supreme Court on Monday, the Lodha panel has sought the approval to remove all the Board Of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) and state cricket bodies office bearers who fail to fulfill the criteria laid by it.
The panel has further suggested the apex court to appoint former Union home secretary G. K. Pillai as observer of the BCCI to supervise its administration.
The Lodha panel also seeks the apex court’s nod to empower it to appoint secretarial staff, assistance and fix remuneration.