Lodha Panel seeks SC nod to remove BCCI officials
- Consolidation phase over, telecom firms set for growth war
- Start-ups have an unlikely competitor — municipal corporations
- Govt moves to protect medical records of terminally ill patients
- Strategic impatience essential for IT sector to realize full potential
- Higher MSPs could spur inflation in FY19: Nomura
New Delhi: In a report submitted to the Supreme Court on Monday, the Lodha panel has sought the approval to remove all the Board Of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) and state cricket bodies office bearers who fail to fulfill the criteria laid by it.
The panel has further suggested the apex court to appoint former Union home secretary G. K. Pillai as observer of the BCCI to supervise its administration.
The Lodha panel also seeks the apex court’s nod to empower it to appoint secretarial staff, assistance and fix remuneration.