3 militants killed in encounter in Jammu and Kashmir’s Anantnag
Srinagar: Three unidentified militants were on Monday killed in an encounter with security forces in Anantnag district of Jammu and Kashmir, the army said.
An anti-militancy operation was launched in Hakura area of Anantnag district late Sunday night following information about the presence of militants in the area, an army official said. He said three militants were killed in the pre-dawn encounter with security forces.
The identity and group affiliation of the slain militants was not immediately known.
- Numetal moves NCLT to stay eligible for Essar Steel
- Demonetisation went down well with rural India: Narayana Murthy
- Four security personnels, 4 militants killed in an encounter at Kupwara in J&K
- EU vows to use its full powers to delve into Facebook data breach
- Bengaluru water crisis: India’s Silicon Valley might head Cape Town way