Gujarat Elections 2017 LIVE: Vijay Rupani is being remote controlled, says Rahul Gandhi
- 6.20 pm ISTRahul Gandhi promises farm loan waiver in Gujarat
- 5.25 pm ISTCM Vijay Rupani is being remote controlled, says Rahul Gandhi
- 3.28 pm ISTRahul Gandhi visit Swaminarayan temple in Botad
- 3.16 pm ISTRahul Gandhi addresses meeting in Dhasa
- 3.07 pm ISTChidambaram asks Modi if govt’s chief economic adviser also ‘stupid’
- 2.46 pm ISTWhy should Gujaratis pay for your financial mismanagement, Rahul asks PM
- 2.23 pm ISTCongress alleges power scam by BJP in Gujarat
- 1.31 pm ISTFarmers only get ‘Mann ki Baat’ from Modi: Rahul Gandhi
- 1.24 pm ISTModi doesn’t want a debate on Rafale deal, Jay Shah, says Rahul Gandhi
- 1.16 pm ISTModi’s demonetisation helped rich, not poor, says Rahul Gandhi
- 1.13 pm ISTModi has not kept his promise to farmers, says Rahul Gandhi
- 1.05 pm ISTEveryone is opposing BJP regime, says Rahul Gandhi in Amreli
- 1.01 pm ISTPM Modi to hold rallies on 3 and 4 December in Gujarat
- 12.36 pm ISTCongress is in state of depression, says BJP’s Gujarat in-charge Bhupendra Yadav
- 12.19 pm ISTEvery Gujarati has a debt of Rs37,000, says Rahul Gandhi
- 12.01 pm ISTRahul Gandhi to address a public meeting in Amreli
- 11.52 am ISTRahul Gandhi interacts with traders in Amreli
- 11.50 am ISTRahul Gandhi will be visiting Lathi, Gopinathji Mandir, Botad, Vallabhipur and Bhavnagar today
- Rahul Gandhi is leading the Congress campaign in Gujarat on Thursday, the second day of his stay in the state, against the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and its star campaigner Prime Minister Narendra Modi. The Congress vice president has so far addressed two election rallies in Lathi and Dhasa and is scheduled to visit Botad and Bhavnagar. Earlier in the morning, Gandhi interacted with traders in Amreli and later addressed an election rally in Lathi where he continued his attack on the BJP government.The two-phase Gujarat elections are scheduled for 9 and 14 December while the counting will take place on 18 December. Here are the latest updates and developments from the state:
- 6.20 pm IST Rahul Gandhi promises farm loan waiver in GujaratCongress vice president Rahul Gandhi tried to woo farmers in Gujarat, promising that their loans would be waived if his party forms government in the state. “Modiji waived loans worth Rs1.25 trillion of his 5-10 industrialists friends, but Modiji and Jaitleyji say that it is not their policy to waive loans of farmers when they ask for it,” Gandhi claimed.Gandhi was campaigning in Amreli district, on the second day of his two-day tour ofGujarat. “Modiji talked for 22 years about farmers, but you have not got anything, your land has been taken away, your water is diverted to industrialists, and you do not get crop insurance,” he told a poll meeting. “We make this promise to you that we will frame a policy within 10 days of forming government in Gujarat to waive your loans,” he said. (PTI)
- 5.25 pm IST CM Vijay Rupani is being remote controlled, says Rahul Gandhi
- 3.07 pm IST Chidambaram asks Modi if govt’s chief economic adviser also ‘stupid’Former finance minister P Chidambaram today responded to Prime Minister Narendra Modi for criticising the Congress party after it demanded an 18% cap on GST rates, saying whether the government’s chief economic adviser (CEA) was “stupid” for having a similar view. “If it is Grand Stupid Thought to argue for a cap of the tax rate at 18%, then CEA Dr Arvind Subramanian and many other economists are stupid. Is that what PM is saying?” Chidambaram said in a series of tweets. (PTI)
- 2.46 pm IST Why should Gujaratis pay for your financial mismanagement, Rahul asks PM Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi today asked PM Modi why the people of Gujarat should pay the price for his “financial mismanagement and publicity”. Gandhi, who began his ‘one question a day’ series yesterday with the BJP’s promises in the last polls, today focused on Gujarat’s debt burden. “My second question to prime minister on the state of affairs in Gujarat. In 1995, total debt on Gujarat was Rs9,183 crore. In 2017, the total debt on Gujarat was 2.41 lakh crore. That means a debt of Rs37,000 on every Gujarati. Why should the people of Gujarat pay up the price for your financial mismanagement and publicity?” he tweeted. (PTI)
- 2.23 pm IST Congress alleges power scam by BJP in GujaratCongress spokesperson Randeep Singh Surjewala issues a statement on alleged power scam in Gujarat.
- 1.24 pm IST Modi doesn’t want a debate on Rafale deal, Jay Shah, says Rahul Gandhi
मोदी जी नहीं चाहते कि जय शाह के भ्रष्टाचार के बारे में गुजरात चुनाव से पहले संसद में बात हो जाये, दूसरा कारण संसद बंद रखने का है - राफेल हवाई जहाज: Rahul Gandhi #Navsarjan_With_Congress— Congress (@INCIndia) November 30, 2017
- 1.16 pm IST Modi’s demonetisation helped rich, not poor, says Rahul Gandhi
बैंक के अंदर मर्सडीज वाले अपना पूरा का पूरा काला धन सफेद में बदल रहे थे ये नोटबंदी की सच्चाई है; लाखों लोग बेरोज़गार हुए, 100 से ज्यादा लोग मर गये, महिलाओं से उनका पैसा छीना: Rahul Gandhi #Navsarjan_With_Congress— Congress (@INCIndia) November 30, 2017
- 1.13 pm IST Modi has not kept his promise to farmers, says Rahul Gandhi
अपने भाषणों में मोदी जी ये क्यों नहीं कहते कि मैंने मूंगफली किसान को 1500 का वादा किया था कांग्रेस पार्टी 1000 देती है लेकिन मैं 600 देता हूं? कपास किसान को 2000 का वायदा करके कांग्रेस पार्टी से भी कम देता हूं ये क्यों नहीं कहते?: Rahul Gandhi #Navsarjan_With_Congress pic.twitter.com/bKDxGWMcNs— Congress (@INCIndia) November 30, 2017
- 1.05 pm IST Everyone is opposing BJP regime, says Rahul Gandhi in AmreliAddressing his first election rally on the second day of his Gujarat trip, Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi questioned the BJP goverment’s track record and said that everyone in Gujarat is opposing the regime, except a handful of Modi supporters.
- 12.19 pm IST Every Gujarati has a debt of Rs37,000, says Rahul GandhiAs part of Rahul Gandhi’s strategy to corner the BJP government, the Congress today focused on Gujarat’s debt situation.
22 सालों का हिसाब,#गुजरात_मांगे_जवाब— Office of RG (@OfficeOfRG) November 30, 2017
गुजरात के हालात पर प्रधानमंत्रीजी से दूसरा सवाल:
1995 में गुजरात पर क़र्ज़-9,183 करोड़।
2017 में गुजरात पर क़र्ज़-2,41,000 करोड़।
यानी हर गुजराती पर ₹37,000 क़र्ज़।
आपके वित्तीय कुप्रबन्धन व पब्लिसिटी की सज़ा गुजरात की जनता क्यों चुकाए?
- 12.01 pm IST Rahul Gandhi to address a public meeting in AmreliCongress vice-president Rahul Gandhi has started the second day of his campaign in Gujarat elections and scheduled to hold a rally in Lathi in Saurashtra, which is part of the Amreli assembly constituency, currently held by Congress’ Paresh Dhanani. Gandhi was welcomed by Patidars and was seen wearing a Patidar cap, according to Tv9 Gujarati.
- 11.52 am IST Rahul Gandhi interacts with traders in AmreliCongress vice-president Rahul Gandhi met and interacted with a delegation of traders in Amreli, Gujarat this morning regarding the issues they are facing.
- 11.50 am IST Rahul Gandhi will be visiting Lathi, Gopinathji Mandir, Botad, Vallabhipur and Bhavnagar today