Irish woman found dead on Goa beach, 1 arrested
Goa police say the body of the Irish woman was found on Tuesday at an isolated spot on a beach in South Goa’s Devabag village, 80 kms from Panaji
Latest News »
- Infosys must take cue from Uber, disclose reports of all internal investigations
- Genetically engineered crops can lead to better output
- Punjab passes bill enabling hotels near highways to serve liquor
- BlackBerry’s banner year hits snag as software sales falter
- China still says no to India’s NSG membership
Panaji: A 25-year-old Irish woman was found dead on a beach in South Goa following which one person has been arrested, police said on Wednesday.
The disrobed body of the woman was found on Tuesday at an isolated spot on a beach in South Goa’s Devabag village, 80 kms from Panaji, Canacona Deputy Superintendent of Police, Sammy Tavares said.
According to police, she was last seen playing Holi with the locals in the village. Vikas Bhagat, a history sheeter from Canacona village, located near Devabag, was arrested today in this connection and is being interrogated, the official said.
Tavares said police was probing the murder angle and also trying to establish whether the victim was raped before her death.
“Earlier, we had rounded up some suspects. We are also trying to establish whether the victim was raped or not” he said. The body has been sent for postmortem at Goa Medical College and Hospital to ascertain the exact cause of the death, police added.