Irish woman found dead on Goa beach, 1 arrested
- Govt may revert to holding just one big air show every year
- Govt lodges complaint with censor board about movie on clinical trials
- Eight Capital, Centrum eye stake in Hindustan Dorr-Oliver
- UCO Bank, Allahabad Bank sell Jai Balaji loans to Edelweiss ARC
- WTO MC11: India counters US criticism on its developing country status
Panaji: A 25-year-old Irish woman was found dead on a beach in South Goa following which one person has been arrested, police said on Wednesday.
The disrobed body of the woman was found on Tuesday at an isolated spot on a beach in South Goa’s Devabag village, 80 kms from Panaji, Canacona Deputy Superintendent of Police, Sammy Tavares said.
According to police, she was last seen playing Holi with the locals in the village. Vikas Bhagat, a history sheeter from Canacona village, located near Devabag, was arrested today in this connection and is being interrogated, the official said.
Tavares said police was probing the murder angle and also trying to establish whether the victim was raped before her death.
“Earlier, we had rounded up some suspects. We are also trying to establish whether the victim was raped or not” he said. The body has been sent for postmortem at Goa Medical College and Hospital to ascertain the exact cause of the death, police added.