Donald Trump tweets hearing on Russia allegations ‘fake news’
- Amazon said to be working on glasses for Alexa
- Anil Agarwal of Vedanta to boost Anglo American stake by $2 billion
- Maharashtra estimates sugar production of 7.34 million tonnes this year
- SBI chairman Arundhati Bhattacharya says investors should pay up for inclusion efforts
- Google said close to buying HTC assets to bolster hardware
Washington: President Donald Trump on Monday shot down as “fake news” allegations that he worked with Russia, which US intelligence says tried to tilt the US election in Trump’s favour.
His tweet came just as Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and National Security Agency (NSA) chiefs were to speak to Congress on what ties Trump may have with Russia and his shocking claim that he was wiretapped by his predecessor, Barack Obama.
FBI chief “James Clapper and others stated that there is no evidence Potus colluded with Russia. This story is FAKE NEWS and everyone knows it!” Trump said on Twitter. “The Democrats made up and pushed the Russian story as an excuse for running a terrible campaign. Big advantage in Electoral College & lost!” he added.