Lashkar-e-Taiba terrorist held with arms from north Kashmir’s Bandipora
Srinagar: A Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) terrorist was on Friday arrested from north Kashmir’s Bandipora district and arms and ammunition were recovered from his possession, police said in Srinagar.
The newly-recruited LeT militant has been identified as Shahbaz Rasool Mir, a resident of nearby Hajin area.
Mir was nabbed during a search operation in an orchard area in Markundal village in Sumbal area of the district, a police official said.
A Chinese pistol, a pistol magazine, four pistol rounds, a hand grenade, a knife and other items were recovered from his possession, the official said, adding a case has ben registered.
- Listen hard, Mark Zuckerberg. Google’s turned up the audio in India
- L&T CFO R Shankar Raman: Don’t see private sector coming back for the next couple of years
- MakeMyTrip CEO Rajesh Magow rejoins Flipkart board after 2 years
- Opening bell: Asian markets open mixed; Tata Sons in news
- Indian economy in a tailspin: What went wrong