Piyush Goyal suggests out-of-turn promotions for staff averting rail accidents
- Rahul Gandhi to begin three-day Gujarat visit from Monday
- Narayan Rane to meet Amit Shah in Delhi tomorrow
- Germany Elections: Angela Merkel wins 4th term as far-right enters parliament
- Eye on 2019 Lok Sabha elections, Mayawati to hold rallies across India
- Maruti Suzuki Dzire overtakes Alto as India’s best-selling car in August
Bengaluru: In the wake of a series of recent train accidents in the country, railway minister Piyush Goyal today suggested out-of-turn promotions for those staff who take timely action to avert mishaps.
Speaking at a review meeting with senior officials of the South Western Railway, he asserted that such schemes will boost the morale of the staff.
Terming the recent train accidents as “unfortunate”, Goyal called upon the railway staff to work diligently for ensuring complete safety in running trains, a release by the South Western Railway said.
“The minister suggested various schemes such as granting out-of-turn promotion for the staff who take timely action to avert accidents. He said such schemes will go a long way in boosting the morale of the staff,” it said.
The BJP leader emphasised that safety shall be given top most priority and track renewal works be taken up expeditiously.
He also asked the Railways to develop an action plan for eliminating unmanned level crossing gates in a year’s time, instead of 2019-20 as planned earlier.