Will Modi’s post-demonetisation sop to India’s pregnant women succeed?
- Food tech-startup HungerBox raises $2.5 million from LionRock Capital, others
- India sees scope for more integration among state energy companies
- Uber CEO Dara Khosrowshahi sees flying cars across US skies within 10 years
- World Gold Council investigates standard for gold kilobars
- GNFC Q3 profit up 241% at Rs228 crore
On 31 December, Prime Minister Narendra Modi committed his government to implementing the long-promised maternity entitlement commitment in the National Food Security Act by extending a 53-district pilot to a national scheme.
How effective is this new initiative called the Maternity Benefit Programme likely to be? And will the Maternity Benefit Programme succeed in improving maternal and child health outcomes? Drawing on the experience of the 53-district pilot, we analyse the potential of the Maternity Benefit Programme.