India Foundation cancels visit to China after visa trouble
India Foundation, a think tank with links to the BJP, has cancelled a visit of its delegation to China after two of its junior research members were denied visas
Latest News »
- Narendra Modi hosts farewell for outgoing President Pranab Mukherjee
- In major bureaucratic reshuffle, 35 secretaries, additional secretaries named
- Congress top brass discuss aftermath of Shankarsinh Vaghela exit as Gujarat polls loom
- Orissa HC notice to EC for early completion of inquiry against Naveen Patnaik
- Arvind Subramanian hints at writing about demonetisation in memoir
New Delhi: India Foundation, a think tank with links to the BJP, has cancelled a visit of its delegation to China after two of its junior research members were denied visas.
Foundation director and BJP general secretary Ram Madhav dismissed reports that he was part of the delegation. “I was not in the delegation. It was supposed to be an academic delegation. After the denial of visa to two researchers, foundation called off the visit,” he tweeted.
More From Livemint »
Priyang Pandey, a senior research fellow at the foundation, said Madhav holds a valid Chinese visa till November this year. The delegation was to visit Fudan University in Shanghai next week.
The development comes amid the military stand-off between India and China near Sikkim.