Second round of polling in West Bengal, Assam today
Latest News »
- ITC in search of CEO for its multi-specialty hospital: Y.C. Deveshwar
- LIC posts 145% jump in profit from sale of equities in first quarter
- Tomatoes prices stay high at Rs100 per kg on supply disruptions
- Idea Celluar shares bounce back, end over 3% higher
- Ajit Doval meets China President Xi Jinping along with other BRICS NSAs
The second day of polling in the ongoing assembly elections in Assam and West Bengal will be held on Monday. In Assam, 61 constituencies will go to the polls in the second and final phase. Thirty-one constituencies will decide the fate of candidates in the second part of the first phase of assembly elections in West Bengal.
The final phase in Assam will see polling in central and areas of lower Assam. The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) is for the first time giving a tough fight to the ruling Congress party and regional giant All India United Democratic Front (AIUDF). The BJP is fighting the elections in alliance with the Bodoland People’s Front (BPF) and Asom Gana Parishad (AGP).
In West Bengal, 13 constituencies are in Paschim Medinipur district and nine each are in Bankura and Bardhaman districts.