‘Middle age spread’ is true, obesity study finds
Washington: Over the last 15 years, the prevalence of adult obesity in the US population has bloated from 30.5% to 39.6%, according to a 2015–2016 survey.
A majority of Hispanic and non-Hispanic black women are obese, the National Center for Health Statistics study found. Meanwhile, just one in 10 Asian men are obese.
The so-called “middle age spread” is supported by this study, with a 42.8% incidence of obesity measured among adults between the ages of 40 and 59 compared to 41% among those over 60 and 35.7% between 20 and 39. Bloomberg
- SpaceX launches imaging satellite plus own broadband demos
- Nitish Kumar govt hatching ‘serious conspiracy’ against me: Tejashwi Yadav
- Snap royalty Kylie Jenner helped erase $1.3 billion in one tweet
- Take a break: Exercise in office
- Australia’s deputy prime minister Barnaby Joyce resigns amid sex scandal