DRDO to start Rs100 crore research centre at Jadavpur University
- Hardik Patel’s key aides join BJP ahead of Gujarat assembly elections
- Opec says ‘all options are open’ as compliance at record level
- Army has to remain prepared to counter Doklam-like situation: Bipin Rawat
- Put mandatory Aadhaar linking with bank accounts on hold: Bank union AIBOC
- India beat Pakistan 4-0 to enter Asia Cup final
Kolkata: The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) is collaborating with Jadavpur University to start a new Rs.100 crore research centre in Kolkata to develop technologies related to cyber security and robotics for the defence forces.
Housed in the campus of the state-run university, foundation stone of the Jagadish Chandra Bose Centre for Advanced Technology was laid on Thursday.
Officials said the focus of the centre will on pursuing collaborative advanced research, starting with secure systems and cognitive technologies, directed energy, unmanned and robotics technologies and then venturing towards other futuristic technologies.
Expected to be ready in the next two years, the centre will act as a self-accounting unit of the DRDO.
DRDO head S. Christopher said they have been working with Jadavpur University for a long time and also with other institutes in Kolkata and having a centre here will help their personnel to communicate easily and get the design faster.