DRDO to start Rs100 crore research centre at Jadavpur University
Latest News »
- Shivraj Singh Chouhan will lead BJP in Madhya Pradesh polls: Amit Shah
- Sharad Yadav free to decide own course: Nitish Kumar
- West Bengal flood situation improves, death toll reaches 55
- Narendra Modi expresses anguish over Utkal Express derailment
- GST Council extends July payment and return filing deadline to 25 August
Kolkata: The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) is collaborating with Jadavpur University to start a new Rs.100 crore research centre in Kolkata to develop technologies related to cyber security and robotics for the defence forces.
Housed in the campus of the state-run university, foundation stone of the Jagadish Chandra Bose Centre for Advanced Technology was laid on Thursday.
Officials said the focus of the centre will on pursuing collaborative advanced research, starting with secure systems and cognitive technologies, directed energy, unmanned and robotics technologies and then venturing towards other futuristic technologies.
Expected to be ready in the next two years, the centre will act as a self-accounting unit of the DRDO.
DRDO head S. Christopher said they have been working with Jadavpur University for a long time and also with other institutes in Kolkata and having a centre here will help their personnel to communicate easily and get the design faster.