Isro seeking proposals for Mars Orbiter Mission-2
- Narendra Modi to open fourth container terminal of JNPT tomorrow
- Canadian PM Justin Trudeau begins week-long India visit
- PMO working on resolving PNB fraud, will try to extradite Nirav Modi: MoS finance
- Tibet’s most sacred Buddhist temple catches fire
- PM Modi should explain why PNB scam happened: Rahul Gandhi
New Delhi: To expand inter-planetary research, Indian Space Research Organisation (Isro) is seeking scientific proposals for Mars Orbiter Mission-2, the government on Friday said.
In a written response to a question in Rajya Sabha, Jitendra Singh, union minister of state in the Prime Minister’s Office that looks after the department of space, said the configuration, objectives and scientific experiments of MoM-2 is yet to be formulated.
“A call for proposals through an Announcement of Opportunity (AO) has been made within India to seek proposal for scientific experiments for Mars Orbiters Mission-2,” Singh said.
He said MoM-1 has completed 25 months in orbit and is presently functioning satisfactorily.