Neeraj Sharma is new president and MD of Wartsila India
Chennai: Wartsila India, subsidiary of Warstila Corp., a leader in advanced technologies and lifecycle solutions for marine and energy markets, announced the appointment of Neeraj Sharma as the new president and managing director (MD), on Monday.
Sharma who has more than 30 years experience, was earlier serving KONE Corp. as its executive vice-president, Asia Pacific, a company statement said. He had served KONE India as the managing director. Sharma has also held various responsibilities at General Electric and also at Alstom.
“Neeraj has an outstanding career spanning over 30 yeas in the industry, and has shown strong results in demanding posts in India and globally,” Warstila India chairman Kari Hietanaen said.
“We look forward to utilising his expertise and experience in taking the company’s goal and vision forward,” he said. Warstila India has about 900 employees and has delivered 250 power plants with total output of over 3,500 MW.
- Nifty hits 11,000 mark, Sensex past 36,000 for the first time
- Thousands stranded, scores injured in snowbound Tokyo
- Asia wakes to Donald Trump’s big trade move with tariffs aimed at them
- Market Live: Nifty hits 11,000, Sensex crosses 36,000, RIL, Axis Bank shares rise
- Tata Group sees big opportunity to grow in financial services