Arsenal sign Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang for £56 million in club record transfer
Bengaluru: Arsenal have signed striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang from Borussia Dortmund on a long-term contract for a club-record fee, the Premier League club said on Wednesday.
British media reported that the deal was around £56 million ($79.2 million), eclipsing the £46.5 million paid to French side Olympique Lyonnais for forward Alexandre Lacazette last year.
Aubameyang scored 98 goals in 144 Bundesliga games for the German side and had a hand in 172 goals in 213 matches in all competitions for his former club.
The 28-year-old is Gabon’s all-time top goalscorer with 23 goals from 56 matches and was named the African Footballer of the Year in 2015. Reuters
- IndiGo to shift part of its operations from IGI’s T-1 to T-2 after SC order
- Oriental Bank of Commerce loan fraud: Delhi diamond exporter booked for Rs389cr scam
- BMW to recall 11,700 cars after installing wrong engine software
- Donald Trump, Malcolm Turnbull discuss ways to expand ties with India, Japan
- Himalayas getting warmer, snowfall decreasing due to global warming