Barcelona sign Brazilian midfielder Paulinho for €40 million
Barcelona: Barcelona have signed Brazilian international midfielder Paulinho from Chinese club Guangzhou Evergrande for €40 million ($47 million), the Catalan giants confirmed on Monday.
Paulinho becomes Barca’s first signing since they banked a world record €222 million from Neymar’s move to Paris Saint-Germain.
“Barcelona and Guangzhou Evergrande have reached an agreement for the transfer of the player Paulinho Bezerra for €40 million euros,” Barcelona said in a statement.
- Dalveer Bhandari re-elected to International Court of Justice in win for India
- Donald Trump declares North Korea state sponsor of terrorism
- Insiders do more than trade in India’s bull market
- Opening bell: Asian markets open higher; JSW Steel, Union Bank, M&M in news
- The pros outweigh the cons for tyre firms